Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend...

This weekend was very bitter sweet.  My sweet Grandmother, of 91 years, passed away on Tuesday night.  I'm so thankful for the time we had together.  Our last visit with her was a very good one.  Easton was able to see her and definitely entertain her.  She has 5 children, 12 Grandchildren, 26 Great Grandchildren, and one Great Great Grandchild.  She will truly be missed...
Easton with his Grammy and Gran Gran
We spent the weekend out at my parent's house.  This is for sure my favorite place to be.  When we were driving out to their house, I couldn't believe all of the beautiful wildflowers on the side of the road.  The Bluebonnets were amazing and all of the Indian Paintbrushes were so bright with color.  I couldn't wait to get Easton in some Bluebonnets and snap a few pics.  It was so dry last spring that these flowers didn't bloom.  I'm so glad that there was a nice little patch of Bluebonnets on the side of a hill next to my Nanny's house. 
Loving the Flowers
The rest of the weekend was spent helping Grandad with the cows, one of Justin's favorite activities, and playing with cousins.  On Easter, we had the Annual Easter Egg Hunt with Justin's family.  Justin's family is almost as big as my own family but almost all of the Great Grandkids are all in Elementary School and younger.  It's for sure mass chaos, but the kids have so much fun when they are together.  Easton is just now getting into the mix of things. 

All of the Great Grandkids

Pops and his Polo Boys ;)
I love this Picture...haha
My Little Family...Easton is DONE with the pictures
Easter is always a special weekend.  It puts things into perspective and makes you realize how important life is and to not take things for granted.  We went to an amazing church service on Sunday where there were people getting baptized and rejoicing with tears for their new life.  It made my heart so happy that they will now feel the JOY of being a Christian.  My Jesus died on the cross for me and that is a debt I could never repay, but while I'm here on this Earth I am sure going to try and live my life like he lived. . . Always forgiving, loving, compassionate, and showing others his love through my life and my words. My hope is to touch people's lives through my own and that one day Easton (and any other children we have) will do the same.    

Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment