Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Not Spoiled...LOVED :)

** Warning ** These are personal opinions and views :)


Can you spoil a newborn??  A question that is answered by many people so differently.  I have many friends who say you can't and they held their babies as often as they wanted. . . and I know others who say you can and to put the babies down and not hold them as much.  I, personally, don't believe you can spoil a newborn.  After having Easton and being with him 24/7 for 6 six weeks, I now have the belief that a newborn is not spoiled. . . they are LOVED.  Easton is not spoiled. . . He is Loved :)

For 9 months all he knew was a nice, cozy, warm environment where everything he needed was taken care of, AND THEN, all of a sudden was thrown into a loud place where the temperature changes, random people are holding, touching, and talking to him, and he has to learn to eat and sleep with all of this new chaos around him.  His little sweet cry is key to his survival. . . it's his communication tool.  He has a cry for when he is hungry, has a dirty diaper, is hurt, needs to feel secure, bored, tired, just needs a good cry, etc..  He is 110% dependent upon Justin and I.  Our job, as parents, is to take care of his every need until he can do things himself.   

There are times that Easton just wants to know that he is safe and there are people there to make him feel secure.  Holding him makes him feel protected and I think makes him happy.  Plus. . . he is only this little for just a short period of time.  I'm going to take every advantage that I can to hold him, snuggle with him, and just love on him.  (I do hold him a lot, but not all the time.  He is put down to play and sleep).

Now, when he gets a little older and starts to learn more about his environment, I do believe that's when he can be spoiled.  When that day comes, I know we will continue to love him and give him what he needs with certain limits. . . But for right now. . .

He is one LOVED little guy :)
and one Happy Baby

1 comment:

  1. He is SO LOVED, by SO many people. I love this little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete